- 1 large red onion – sliced/chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ finely chopped red pepper
- 1 steak, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1½ cup greek yogurt – divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- small whole-wheat pitas – warmed
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, thyme, salt, pepper and onions in a frying pan, until onions are brown.
- Add steak slices, turning the steak every minute or so until cooked.
- Add red pepper, sugar and half of the yogurt, stirring repeatedly – cook for 10 minutes.
- Only remove the steak strips from pan and into a mixing bowl, add cucumbers and remaining yogurt – mix together.
- Serve with pita bread and garnish with coriander. Top with a tablespoon of the remaining sauce in the pan.